Dale Carnegie’s Biographical Roundup
We earn commission on qualifying purchases.
- BOB HOPE: Once he couldn’t hold a job in a storage warehouse; but he now holds down the job of America’s favorite comedian.
- CAPTAIN EDDIE RICKENBACKER: He is a hero of two wars, yet he was once too shy to say “Good Morning”.
- JOHN BARRYMORE: He earned five thousand dollars a day, yet he searched garbage cans for food for his pet vulture.
- OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES: At sixty he attended burlesque shows; at ninety-three he read Plato to improve his mind.
- JAN CHRISTIAN SMUTS: One of Great Britain’s most famous leaders married a woman who refused to have children under the British flag.
- BERNARD BARUCH: A phrenologist advised his mother, now he advises presidents.
- GENERAL OMAR BRADLEY: How a shy, self-conscious boy became one of America’s greatest military leaders.
- ADMIRAL CHESTER W. NIMITZ: He knows how to handle ships, Japs, and wives.
- MADAME CHIANG KAI-SHEK: She faced a hundred thousand hostile soldiers to save her husband.
- GENERAL MARK CLARK: The general who conquered Rome stood twenty-eighth from the bottom of his class at West Point.
- CONNIE MACK: The most famous ball club manager in America lost eight hundred games in eight years.
- GENERAL DWIGHT EISENHOWER: They said he would teach history; instead, he makes history for others to teach.
- LOWELL JACKSON THOMAS: He dictates in taxicabs and travels five thousand miles for one week of skiing.
- CAPTAIN EDWARD ELLSBERG: He went down to the sea in a diver’s helmet and brought up a drydock.
- AND MORE…
Everything Is F*cked: A Book About Hope
Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM)
The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are$12.46